Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've been tagged

So there's this game of tag going around in the blogging world and I've been tagged by Holly.. another CA girl living abroad, in Australia. Holly and were chatting and discovered that we both lived in Playa del Rey, just a few block from each other for a year or so. And we found each other on-line, thousands of miles apart. amazing!

Here are the rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I was a NCAA college athlete I wanted to play water polo, but the jerk coach at LMU told me on the phone that my SAT scores were probably not high enough to get into LMU. Yeah, right. Anyway, I didn't play water polo. The swim coach asked me to swim, but my freshmen year there was no pool on campus, and I really wanted to stay an engineering major, but classes and practices conflicted. So, I joined the crew team. I did it for 1.5 years, it was fun and hard and well worth it. (oh, and by the way, the jerk water polo coach was obviously mistaken, not only did I get into LMU, I gradated with the number 2 GPA of all people graduating in may 2003. so, take that jerk coach)

2. While we're talking about sports, I was kicked off the water polo team my senior year of high school. It was a different jerk coach's fault. I picked having fun and being in the Bellarmine fashion show instead of playing in one game. I would have missed one game, and he made me pick. I think it was probably because there was two of us that had to make the decision. Whatever, I don't regret it for a second.

3. I once saw Jessica Simpson's underwear, while it was on her. Let me explain. I was flying from LA to Detroit, Michigan for a Nerd, I mean Tau Beta Pi Convection. (Tau Beta Pi is the engineering honor society, so i guess nerd convention sums it up). Anyway, I was walking along in the terminal, and had to use the bathroom, so I went into the ladies room. This pretty good looking blond was in front of me. We both entered stalls at the same time, and exited at the same time. I thought she might be an OC girl, she was dressed in a Juicy sweat-suite and was carrying a rather nice Coach carry-on bag, but that is not terribly uncommon in LAX. Anyway, we walked out of the bathroom at the same time as well, she was a few steps in front of me. Her pants were low and her thong was sticking out. At this point, I did not know it was Jessica Simpson, this was before she was terribly popular. It was even before she was married to Nick Lachey. Anyway, I was this close to telling this poor girl her underwear was showing. We ended up at the same gate, sitting back to back in some airport seats. It was at this time that I thought this girl might be famous, because she was talking to some kind of personal assistant who was giving her the run down on her time in Detroit. Later, when I boarded the plane, the blond was in first class and the assistant was in coach. When we landed, some other girls asked her for her autograph. But, I saw Jessica Simpson's underwear, and thats all that matters!

4. I still have the stuffed animal I carried around with me as a kid. He is a stuffed rat, and his name is "Doggy". He stays under my pillow, John doesn't mind so much. Oh, and he is not so much a stuffed animal anymore as just a rag. When I was young, I used to wet the 'stuffed animal' and put him in the freezer during the day so he would be cold at night. I loved the feeling of his cold ears and tail and arms on my face. I'm a nut case, what can I say?

5. I somehow convinced my allergic to cats husband to get a cat. I'm still trying to figure out how. But, sometime along the way, John fell in love with the cat, so its all good in the end, at least for now while we live in an all hardwood house.

6. I don't put lids on very tight, to anything. I also leave zippers open to purses and wallets. This had led to many messes and one stolen/missing wallet. I know I don't tighten lids, but I still shake the OJ vigorously or pick up the salt container by the not tightened lid. You think I would learn, but I haven't. I'm sure this habit annoys my husband, heck, it annoys me!


I'm tagging Faith, Amy, Ellen, Annie, John and Nancy

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yay for playing tag! I hope everything went well with your last week in Spain. Enjoy Thanksgiving with your hubby and cat :)